Thursday, February 7, 2013

Week 2 Report

Well I knew the time would come when I would regret having been unable to find my tape measure to better gauge my progress rather than using the scale, but I didn't think it would come so soon. I was really excited to weigh myself this morning (not letting myself do it in between Thursday check-ins) because of the physical changes I can see in the mirror and what does the scale tell me? I've lost one measly pound.

I'm honestly not upset in the least. On the contrary, the changes I can see in my body over these 2 weeks are dramatic, the biggest one being that my good old friend the muffin top is nearly gone! I'm starting to see signs of an actual waist, which is impressive given my boyish figure. :P My legs and arms also look leaner and I can see noticeable muscle growth in my legs. I wish I had numbers to illustrate it for all of you because frankly, I'm shocked, but you'll just have to take my word for it instead.

(Wouldn't it be awesome if I were making this all up, sitting over here on my ass eating Cheetos and getting fatter by the word? Yeah, no, it really wouldn't. Getting in shape is so much better!)

On that note, I had a moment last night when I realized I am officially into Crossfit. It was when my initial reaction of "Holy shit!" and a few minutes of maniacal laughter in response to today's WOD being posted on Facebook was followed by "I really hope I'm not so sore that I can't go tomorrow". Here's the WOD:

"Filthy Fifty"
For time:
50 Box jumps (24/20)
50 Jumping pull-ups
50 Kettlebell swings (70/53)
Walking Lunge, 50 steps
50 Knees to elbows
50 Push press (45/35)
50 Back extensions
50 Wall ball shots (20/14)
50 Burpees
50 Double unders


That's right my friends, I WANT to try to do this. Sucked. In. 

Oh, by the way, food cravings still pretty much non-existent. Still REALLY missing coffee though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment