Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Fajitas!!!

I've been playing catch up with the cooking since between my mom's visit and being in a ton of pain I wasn't able to do much this weekend. Last night, I cooked up some shiitake-broccoli slaw stir fry to have for snacking for the rest of the week and whipped up an easy frittata with smoked bacon, onion, sun-dried tomato, & spinach for dinner:


Tonight I got a batch of chicken jerky going in the dehydrator (unfortunately for the dogs, not me) and a big batch of chicken & sausage cacciatore in the crockpot to have for lunches. Since I knew I'd have a lot to do tonight, I marinated a skirt steak in a mixture of olive oil, lime juice, crushed garlic, cumin, & chipotle chili powder and cut up some peppers and onions for fajitas before I went to bed last night. That meant tonight I just needed to sear the steak, then cook the veggies in the pan with the leftover marinade. Fajitas are one of my absolute favorite quick & easy meals. Just slice up the meat and serve with the veggies, sliced avocado, cilantro, & a lime wedge, yum!




No comments:

Post a Comment